Thank you for considering the Komen Colorado Affiliate to be the beneficiary of your revenue generating efforts and ideas. Please review these guidelines and then complete the application so that we may give your proposal the consideration it deserves.
What you need to know first:
- The Komen name and logo are registered trademarks; therefore you must receive written permission (in the form of a legal contract) before using them in any promotional material.
- A minimum of one year in business is required for any party seeking a partnership with Komen.
- In order to best monitor the use of our logo and marks by third parties, Komen Colorado must be guaranteed a minimum contribution of $500.00, at least half of which must be donated in advance.
- The Affiliate cannot grant permission for placement of the Komen logo on products. All product sales are handled through Komen National. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Although Komen Colorado is the beneficiary of proceeds through its partnerships, we have no ability to sell or distribute products for our partners. However, we may publicly acknowledge our corporate partners, but because of our non-profit status, we cannot advertise for our partners or promote our partners’ products or services.
- The Affiliate cannot provide administrative or logistical assistance for the event (selling tickets, sending email messages to our supporters, providing tax receipts to sponsors and participants, etc.) If your idea is approved you must be prepared to provide all of the support necessary to organize and conduct the event, including publicity. The Affiliate cannot agree to sell, loan or distribute its mailing list or e-mail addresses to third parties.
- The Affiliate cannot be a beneficiary of funds raised solely through the sale of alcohol.
The Affiliate requires all Third Party Fundraisers to:
- Complete online application at least 4 weeks prior to the event.
- Sign a Third Party Agreement upon approval of the event or ongoing promotion in which you guarantee a minimum donation of $500.00, of which $250.00 must be paid in advance.
- Inform the Affiliate of any potential event sponsors or underwriters for the event before securing them to avoid conflict with established Affiliate relationships. It is important for potential sponsors to understand that third party events are not official Komen events; therefore they will not receive a tax receipt (acknowledgement) for their donation. Please call if you have any questions as this is an important factor if you plan to solicit sponsors or underwriters.
- Be prepared to provide comprehensive general liability insurance in the amount of one million dollars ($1,000,000.00) which covers liability for bodily injury, property damage or death arising out of your third party event or activity.
- In keeping with guidelines from both the Komen National Office and the Better Business Bureau, all advertising and promotional materials must include a full disclosure to the consumer in clear and unambiguous terms regarding the benefit to the charity when donations are raised through a consumer purchase. For example, “Five dollars of each ticket sold (or 10% of net sales) will benefit the Susan G. Komen Colorado ®.”
- All promotional materials (i.e. invitations, press releases, fliers, email messages, posters, web page listings, etc.) must be approved in advance by an authorized representative of the Affiliate.
Benefits for official Third Party Fundraisers:
- Use of the Susan G. Komen Colorado® name and logo to promote the fundraiser.
- Information posted on the Komen Colorado website (www.komencolorado.org).
- Inclusion in the Affiliate’s e-newsletter if an edition is scheduled for distribution prior to the event.
- Free Affiliate educational materials provided for event (breast health brochures, shower cards, donation envelopes, etc.) if requested. Quantities are limited.
- Depending on availability, the Komen Colorado may be able to provide a volunteer staffed Breast Health Education table, speaker or representative for the event.
If you are able to work within these guidelines, please complete the online application at least four weeks prior to the event or initiative. If you have any questions, please contact us at (303-744-2088 x308).
Thank you again for your interest in supporting Susan G. Komen Colorado. With your help we will find the cures and end breast cancer forever.