- Take Action
- Breast Health
- Areas of Impact
- Mother’s Day Memorial Garden
Especially now, you might have questions about breast cancer, signs and symptoms, when to get a mammogram, and so much more. The Sarah Cannon Cancer Network at HealthONE and Susan G. Komen Colorado are your resources for providing answers to your questions. As the most common cancer among women worldwide and the second-most common cancer overall, nearly 232,000 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in 2015 alone.
Whether it’s you, your mother, your sister, or a friend that hears those words, the HealthONE family of hospitals and Susan G. Komen Colorado are here to provide you with information, physician referrals, and resources.
Komen Colorado is dedicated to saving lives and ending breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures. In Colorado, 1 in 7 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. This year, more than 3,420 women in Colorado will be diagnosed with breast cancer and 510 will die from the disease. Komen Colorado is working to better the lives of those facing breast cancer in our community. Through signature events, Komen Colorado Race for the Cure®, Ride for the Cure and the Pink Tie Affair along with other fundraising initiatives, Komen Colorado has invested $41 million in community breast health programs. Of the funds generated by the organization, 75 percent of net proceeds stays in Colorado and the remaining 25 percent supports life-saving national breast cancer research.
In 2015, Komen Colorado awarded more than $1.7 million through a competitive grants program to provide safety-net breast cancer care for those in need. The grants support 24 breast health and breast cancer projects at 58 Colorado locations that will be administered by 18 nonprofit hospitals, health care clinics, and community-based organizations. The HealthONE family of hospitals is proud to partner with Komen Colorado in the Komen Race for the Cure®.
Living a heathy lifestyle is just one of the many ways you can reduce your risk of breast cancer. Let the experts from HealthONE and Susan G. Komen Colorado help to identify the various tactics you can employ to reduce your risk of cancer.
Let the experts from HealthONE and Susan G. Komen Colorado help you better understand the signs and symptoms of breast cancer, as well as when and how often to get a mammogram. Mammograms save lives!
Hearing you have breast cancer is not a death sentence. Let the experts from HealthONE and Susan G. Komen Colorado identify the most important questions to ask your doctor post-diagnosis.
There are a host of options for breast cancer surgery these days. Let a skilled physician expert from HealthONE in partnership with Susan G. Komen Colorado guide you through the various possibilities.